An air conditioning system can last up to 15 years if properly maintained. However, if you have frequent repairs or outages, you may need to replace your air conditioner sooner than later. Other symptoms of needing a new air conditioner include regular maintenance and outages. Continue reading to discover more about the indicators that AC needs to be replaced and avoid a breakdown during the summer.
Some of the common warning signs that you need air conditioning repair in Dawsonville, GA:
Insufficient airflow and warm air
- If your home’s vents are blowing warm air, check the thermostat. Ensure it’s in cooling mode and set it to a lower setting than your home’s current temperature.
- Poor airflow is an indication that your air conditioner isn’t working correctly or that there’s a clog or any blockage preventing air from traveling through your ducting.
- Something like a clogged air filter, a broken engine, or something more serious could be a fault.
- Skilled professionals can ensure you have the correct amount of airflow and cooling power where you need it the most.
- Your AC should run through a reasonable number of chill cycles.
- You could expect your chill system to turn on more frequently during the warmest summer days, but it should not cycle on and off constantly.
- If you see recurrent cycles, contact a cooling expert. A quick air conditioner tune-up can assist with recurrent cycling. It could, however, be advised that you need a new air conditioner.
Water leaks and high humidity
- If your cooling system can’t keep moisture levels within a comfortable range, you’ll need an air conditioner repair.
- A leak or accumulated water near the AC signifies something wrong with your cooling system.
- If you need HVAC repair in Dawsonville, GA, don’t hesitate to call one. Leaks may wreak havoc on your home rapidly, causing major structural issues.
Unusual noises and foul odors
- If you notice foul odors and suspect they’re coming from your HVAC system, you’ll want to solve the problem before it worsens.
- A quick diagnostic visit from a skilled professional will reveal whether your AC needs a thorough cleaning or a repair.
- Ultraviolet (UV) lights can help you eliminate microbial growth over your air conditioner. Duct cleaning can also help eliminate odors built up in the ducting.
- Noises like squeaking, hammering, or buzzing suggest loose parts, whereas whistling or grinding indicates a more severe problem. This kind of problem rarely happens; therefore, a professional tune-up like HVAC repair in Dawsonville, GA, is required.
Energy costs are going up.
- If you are experiencing a spike in the electric bill without running any new gadget, it indicates a problem with the AC.
- An AC unit’s SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) degrades with time, costing up to 9% of its efficiency at every point.
You depend on your HVAC system to keep your home cool and pleasant, so repairing a broken system is well worth the money. If you are looking for budget-friendly and trustworthy air conditioning repair, Dawsonville, GA, Lakeside Heating and Air can help. Call us at 770-654-6641 or drop us a mail here to schedule an appointment today.